Welcome to our Play Collective Family,
Play is an important part of early childhood development and creativity. Our space has been carefully designed to stimulate creativity, inspire experiential learning and curiosity in a safe and loving environment.
We focus on the parents' experience as much as the child. Our ambiance has been designed to inspire in a calm setting. We aspire to encourage parents to invest in our future with intentional parenting and we want to guide our community along the journey by providing positive information and cherished experiences.
Play Collective is a modern creative play space ideal for parents, babies, toddlers and children up to six years of age. We offer memberships for open play, parent & me classes and fun workshops. Play Collective is also available for private parties and has a thoughtfully curated children’s boutique full of quality products.
Our Mission is to provide the highest quality experience and value to our community.
We Play - Playing inspires curiosity and creativity, which develops our children’s imagination, dexterity, and physical, cognitive, emotional strength. Play is important for healthy brain development. Through play our children socialize and learn to be self-reliant at the same time. It gives them the chance to be independent, in a do it yourself (no helicopter parenting) kind of way.
- We Connect - Connecting with our children is really the core of intentional parenting. It is essential that we read and talk to our children right away. Reading stimulates a child’s imagination and expands their understanding of the world. This will develop their language and listening skills by imitating sounds, recognizing pictures, learning words and most importantly hearing our voice. Playing music and singing to our children is also a great way to connect by expressing feelings and telling stories. Music helps our children with coordination and movement, developing their motor skills, and improving overall wellbeing by creating happiness and relaxation.
We Collaborate - Collaboration is important because it helps our children understand the value of working together, encouraging cooperation in group activities and studies have found that families who play together are more cooperative, supportive and have better communication skills. Collaborating with others empowers them to be curious about the world and care about our environment and other cultures. Supporting diversity in early childhood helps children’s self-confidence, increases awareness, appreciation and inclusion of diverse beliefs and cultures. It is important we create a better environment and world for our children by working together and supporting each other.
We Care - Caring for our children and for ourselves is essential in healthy development. As a parent it is important we invest in our body and mind so we can better attend to our children. This is key in intentional parenting. We need to make sure we are eating well, getting enough sleep, doing physical and mental activity so we can continue to grow and learn. We need to fill up our cup first before we can pour into our children’s cup. We encourage our parents to practice self-care for better mental health to reduce parenting stress and burnout. We focus on our parents as much as we do on our children, we often do meditations in class to relieve stress and focus on mindfulness. We always check in with our parents and focus on how we can better serve.
Hours: please call ahead to verify hours of open play & classes
- Our in-person classes are temporarily closed until further notice.
- RESERVATIONS are required for Play
- We are still offering ONLINE classes + shopping!
*Call 562-622-5220 for updated schedules of classes, special events or private parties.
First Time Visit:
- Main parking & entrance is in the back
- The play space is a no shoe zone
- Adults & children 3 & older must wear masks
- Adults & children must wear socks
- Please leave your shoes & bags in the cubbies
- Please wash your hands for 20 seconds prior to entering
- Snack time can only be enjoyed in the reception area or upstairs in the lounge
- No food or beverage in the play space please
- Play Time + Classes require Reservations
- We require Memberships at this time, like a gym, members only
- Please stay home if you or anyone in your family exhibits any signs of illness, including a fever, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath or any flu-like symptoms. If you have symptoms or feel like you have been exposed, please do not come into class, please quarantine yourself for at least 14 days and until you have 2 consecutive negative test readings.
Contact email@example.com for any additional questions
We look forward to sharing our space with you & your littles!~